Big Data Engineer for a CONTRACT assignment with one of our premier Financial clients in Morrisville, NC.
Big data role is almost exclusive to us so focus on that one, look for close by states as well if nothing in NC or SC
BIG DATA ENGINEER | DATA PIPELINES | SPARK/PYTHON
We are looking for a data engineer with proven experience in big data tech stack and with in-depth knowledge of industry standards and best practices.
• Experience working in big data platform for implementing projects with high SLA of data availability and data quality, exposure to public cloud technologies is a major plus.
• 10+ years of overall IT experience
• 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
• Experience with big data tools like Spark, HDFS, Hive, Impala, Scala, Kudu, Kafka, Python programming
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
• Good working knowledge in bash script
• Substantial exposure to enterprise infrastructure, data processing, enterprise software applications
• Experience of being involved in delivering large scale distributed systems
• Flexible, people and organization savvy – ability to work in a matrix environment across regions with fast pace, know how to build effective relationships and communicate effectively with various teams across time zones
• Working experience with CI/CD tools like Subversion/Git, Maven, Jenkins
• Good knowledge of agile deliveries
• Excellent communication and presentation skills